Top 5 Things to Cook with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a healthy and versatile food that is called for in many popular recipes. Some of the best oatmeal based foods are quite easy to make and extremely delicious. Oatmeal is a great food to use for healthy dishes as well as whole grains have proven to be essential in a proper nutrition plan. Of course for those looking for a tasty treat that may not be the most healthy dish, oatmeal can provide great taste and texture in these dishes as well. Through the use of oatmeal, it is possible to make some fantastic gastronomic offerings for yourself and guests. Some of the best are listed below.
Top 5 Oatmeal Recipes
1) Soft Oatmeal Cookies- Sure we all know that oatmeal can be a healthy way of getting out whole grains in, but did you know it can also be a sinful and seductive treat delighting our taste buds with the taste of soft, warm oatmeal cookies. This recipe calls for basic ingredients and can be prepared rather quickly providing an amazing dessert option while getting your allotment of whole grains. Sure this may not be a healthy every day recipe but if you care to indulge on occasion, don’t fret, our lips are sealed.
2) Banana Cream Oatmeal- An easy way to take a traditional breakfast to the next level. Throw in some condensed milk, 2 medium bananas and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and viola, you have just created a healthy breakfast complete with fruits and whole grains. This recipe is also delicious and makes for a great way to start out your day on the right foot.
3) Oatmeal Pancakes- This fiber filled delights will fill you up with healthy whole grains before heading out to start the day. This is a healthier take on traditional pancakes and is a great way to have your favorite breakfast food while adding in whole grains and fiber. This is a very easy recipe and can be prepared quickly. Many people enjoy the added texture and belly filling fiber that this recipe provides.
4) Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal- Oh yes, it is just as good as it sounds. This is another great way to add a new flavor to your traditional morning bowl of oatmeal. You may well find yourself enjoying this dish for dessert as well as the healthy and delicious recipe provides a great hearty and sweet snack. These two good while equally delicious on their own form something amazing when combined together.
5) Cheesy Hash brown oatmeal- This dish is not only healthy, but also delicious. The texture provided by the oatmeal blends well with the southwest flavors provided by the Monterey Jack cheese and salsa. This daring take on the traditional hash browns brings that something extra zip one needs to start the morning out right.
All of these recipes provide you with a way to enjoy your healthy whole grains in 5 delicious different ways that are sure to satisfy the most discriminating taste buds.
Learn more about Oatmeal Cooking
We hope this article helped you learn more about the Top things to cook with oatmeal.